Sunday, October 14, 2007

Singapore's Next Top Makan Guru

Joel was back from exercise in Brunei on friday and we had so much to update each other. I was suddenly craving for Deep-fried soft shell crab and we met for dinner at an very authentic japanese noodle restaurant in Chinatown. However, this restaurant did not sell it and try other food there before moving on to Sushi Tei.

Sushi Tei was having a summer promotion and Joel insisted in giving me a treat. Our 2nd round of dinner consists of Japanese Curry noodle, Soft shell crab and some side dishes from this Summer promotion menu. One of the side dishes was Grilled Crab with Cod Roe Mayo(see below circled in blue) and Joel assured that I will like it. And he was totally right, the crab was undeniably delicious. Every bit of sweetness and freshness of the flower crab remains while the crab was baked to perfection.

Majong ended at almost 5am on sunday morning and by 2pm, Para, Anthony, Me and my sister were all back on the table for more majong. As promised, due to my win on Sunday midnight(though it was offset by some losses in the noon), I would give them a treat. I brought them for the Grilled Crab at Serangoon Garden's Sushi Tei and they were expectedly fascinated by my recommendation.

The serving is small but it costs only $5. It is very worthy and remember to go try it before the promotion is over!!!

No comments: