Saturday, December 19, 2009

3rd Visit to Turf Club



"The deep breathe prior to the battle"

I thought these photos were very well taken by me.


Anyway, yesterday, I was back in Turf Club to gain some exposure from my company networking event. It was a good learning opportunity offered by my company directer, who is my cousin. There was no proper programme lined up, just a buffet dinner and mingling session with the SMEs representatives and shipyard bosses. It was a big eye opener and see how capable my cousin is, organising the event and interacting with almost hundred people - simultaneously maximizing quality and quantity interaction.


But, I am totally not keen of all the cheap and small talks. So are some of colleagues. There was a manager coming up to me and colleague asking us randomly, "what is the camera's brand we are using", suddenly "sharing with us which camera brand. This is one of the main reasons I was there, to accept people's small talks. I am unlikely to like small talks, but I think I can learn to accept people's small talk. Of course, small talk's definitions differ between people and are all based on 个人定义. What I call ST may not be what you define as ST.




(Above) Small Bets, Small Winnings with no addiction.




(above) One cousin organised this event, another cousin was on shift in the turf club, co-incidentally asked to do briefing to the guests on "How to place their bet".


This event ended at 11pm, reached home at 12am.

No comments: