Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Miss my Poor Old Days

I needed a channel to share some of my nostalgic thoughts I had over the past few days.
I have some close friends who are my listening ears and but these thoughts are really random and it is difficult to start these topic. Moveover, my listening ears may not be as interested to listen as I would like to share. I do not want them to feel obliged to listen to my stories. So, I chose to blog.
The 1st impression people have on me is that I come from a very well-to-do family. Sometimes, even I know that I am portraying the wrong image to people. I am not exactly sure how people derive to such conclusion. I blame it on the branded clothes I wear (I never/hardly buy any clothes for myself. People gave it to me 2nd hand or as gift.), my 3rd child mannerism and generosity towards friends and family.
But there were times I was really poor... really really poor. I cannot compare myself with a 3rd-world country rural child because they hope they were me. But now that I am financially self-sufficient, I really miss those days when I live with an empty stomach, pretend that I am not watching other people's food and having to take 2hrs to walk home after tuition because my ezlink card is penniless. Times when the last cent in my wallet is spent were not unusual. These are not good times but looking at it now, they are beautiful. I do not think I have the chance to go through these again.

No comments: