Accepting Changes
One of the most typical critics on Singaporeans is Singaporeans love to complain, which I do not agree with so far, based on the people around me. Even if this critic is true, I personally think that there is nothing wrong with people's complaints. A more pleasing word that can replace "complaints" is "comments".
Comments are meant for one to Improve. I like comments and like people who dare to offer comments. People who commend, be it praise or criticise, are probably the people who care. Despite the fact some criticisms may hit on your heart harshly, it is inevitable and we gotta take it in our stride because this is part of Learning and Growing up.
What I like most are people who accept negative feedbacks and Make them work. Last week, I found this mistake in my company's documents and this is signature blank appears in many documents in the company which clients are going to see and sign on. But no one notices it in the past years. See below:
(above) Singlishly, we say "chop" but there isn't such word in this meaning. The correct word should be "Stamp".
I shared this with the manager. She appreciated and thanked me for this and immediately after my feedback, this part of the tender forms and quotation forms is changed. She is Accepting Changes and Improvising them. This is a quality that some people have neglected and I think is worthed mentioning.
Some people accept critics while some give excuses and deny them.
Some accept critics but do nothing to them.
Which one are you?
No comments:
Post a Comment