Thursday, December 20, 2007

My New Workplace

I have been posted to one of my company's work sites. Learning at site is what I am hoping for and I am surprised that I got to start learning at site in just less than 2 months of work. This is place where everything I did previously turn real. Everything in my floor plans and designers' drawings all turned into tangible solid-beings. It is extremely fun and interesting.

Here I am at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel till March 2008.




(Above) I specially enjoy walking to the hotel along Singapore River in the cool December morning. The scenery and the white tents and leafy design looks very Lord of the Rings Elven-like.




(above) The lobby, my entrance to work.



(above) My white safety helmet and walkie-talkie, something I did not expect to use in my career and I am liking this job.





(above) Despite all the dust and drillings, right at the exit of my construction is the hotel's swimming pool



(above) Walking into the mock up hotel room was like Deja vu because I have accounted for every furniture in the shop drawings.


No comments: