Saturday, August 1, 2009

MacRitchie Treetop Walk



I had a very enjoyable afternoon with Joel and great Mother Nature last Saturday. I strongly recommend everyone to visit the HSBC treetop walk for a magnificent view of the reserve. The trail to HSBC Treetop walk was even more interesting. Throughout the 30mins slow stroll in the forest, Joel and I were really to see many exciting creatures we do not usually get to see at home, including many giant salamanders, a black tree snake, a huge monitor lizard (which initially caught the attention of a group of china visitors), flock of hummingbirds, countless monkeys, pond skier, numerous fishes in the freshwater streams. :) It wasn't easy to catch them on camera since they camouflaged themselves so well and disappeared within seconds if we neared them. :)





(above) Erm... very well-defined.... :)

The day ended with a nice dinner at Thomson Plaza and my favourite topless-5 at Swenson. But, one piece of really bad news for Joel and me was that... Swenson actually removed our favourite ice cream flavour of all flavours - Yam from their menu. I really cannot understand this move because I think if it is the best seller, it is at least the top 10 best-seller flavours.



Since we are actually on this topic now, I would like to use this chance to urge everyone to include at least one animal & nature related charity in your monthly contribution. Spare a thought for the environment and the animals. :)

No comments: