Wednesday, March 17, 2010

请人一定要有心 Part 1

Sorry, I am gonna 忠言逆耳 again. I once mentioned on one of my earlier blog post that if you play host and offer people a meal/treat, please be sure that you are genuine and sincere. 所谓,请人一定要有心.


If you are earnest, your guests CAN FEEL IT. Believe this.


There is no secret to this, just try your best to provide the best comfort and pleasure for your guests.


The definition of "best" is broad I know. But for this case, it's very easy. "Best" is subjected to YOUR OWN definition. If you don't like the comfort, you don't expect your guests to like it. If you hate the food you serve, you don't expect them to enjoy it too.


It is not that you must order the most expensive and classy cuisine, but you must first of all, like it, and if you can afford it, go ahead with it. For me, I will provide whatever I can. Anyway, how expensive can food cost in Singapore? And for me, if i have a party, my guests are my good friends and family. If I don't be sincere and genuine to them, who else?


I had a few insincere invitations in recent years that made me treasure and thank those who are not like them. Some of these people I wanna thank are mentioned in my earlier post and till today, I still remember those place I went to. On the other hand, for those insincere invitations, I turned up and regretted for some, and for others, I never regret not turning up. I am in fact very very glad.

No comments: