Thursday, March 18, 2010

请人一定要有心 Part 2

I tell you, some people play host, SERIOUSLY VERY 漏气. In hokkien, we call it "Lau Kui". Jia Wei's cousin Shirene would say, Pui Chao Nua (spit saliva). Seriously, it is worst than not inviting people - throw face, spoil stomach, spoil Relationship.

Let me share with you one personal encounter and... fortunately, I did not turn up. Heng ar... I am not saying 风凉话, it's a free lesson of "How to be a Good Host 101". Even if you say this is 风凉话, I will still be glad that I can say 风凉话.

言归正传, a coursemate in NUS invited me and some other friends to her house on the 4th day of CNY. I long planned not to go, because

  1. I am not close to her. (This is blunt but honest.)
  2. I had something on that night.

Be right, during CNY, anyone non-married who invite your house, it is a common practice to give ang bao. What's more they are students. But my friends were telling me, if the host treat you meal, there will be no ang bao. Ok... Weird... because I don't think my family and friends practice this rule.



So that day, my friends 拜年 to her parents and did not get any ang bao. Anyway, this is not the concern. The thing is... after the dinner at her house (bungalow ok...), while my friends helped her clean up the mess, SHE WANTED TO COLLECT $10 FROM EVERYONE. WHAT THE ***K!!!! Anyway, my friends gave her la... 不吃都吃了... What can you say?



This is damn "Lau Kui"... I don't understand what these stingy people are thinking about. If you are stingy, don't play host.

  1. 拜年 - No Ang Bao
  2. Help you clean up the mess, then you wanna collect money from your guests.
  3. She did not mentioned this before. When she invited me, she clearly said "I invite you... come my house eat, play majong... during CNY".

1 comment:

Online finally said...

no more updates??? sad-ed...... :(