Thursday, July 3, 2008

Half of 2008

Half of year 2008 is over and looking back, it has been Eventful and there were constantly Great news coming from people around me. For instance, Eddy was offered a place in SMU, Joel & Ant were commissioned, my bro-in-law was given Singapore PR, Bing En was offered his scholarship, etc, etc. And personally, I have accomplished and learnt many things too.

First of all, I have completed Level 1, 2 & 3 for my Lifesaving Course and I'll be receiving my certificates very soon!!!



(Above) Secondly, I have been in my current job for nearly 9 months and I am gonna ORD on the 25th this month. During these 9 months, my company always surprised me exciting stuffs like salary increment and even Bonus!!! My colleagues were really nice and very willing to teach/help me. It was a good learning experience there, especially at my hotel project site, and my work achievement here can definitely Spice up my resume!!!




(Above) Thirdly, I have embarked on my own CIP trip to Jarkata to visit the poor and the needy children. Every CIP trip I embark on allows me to understanthe different causes the poverty in different regions. The case in Indonesia was much different from the case in Yunnan I went 4 years back. I understood that Problems involving money are actually the easiest problems to solve. The reasons behind their poverty is merely about money, but pride, religion and belief.




(Above) Up next is an event that really left me in disbelief until now. My Er Jie is married!!! My family, relatives and I all flew to Korea for holiday and to attend my sister's wedding in late April!!! Soon, we will all be busy with the preparation of my sister's local wedding.




(Above) I am proud that I planned and organised my recent dive trip for my friends. I have to thank Wei Hao for his help too while I was travelling in Korea. It was not that easy because being the organiser, he has to be upfront answerable for arising issues and always know what was going on and going on next.
My friends gave me their greatest support and trust. Whatever I suggested they were always OK, without questioning me and they were extremely "immediate" when it came to money collection. My job was made enjoyable and easy. Most importantly, I enjoyed this dive trip myself. What else can I ask for? Afterall I know people who went overseas with me and my relatives and haven't pay for his trip, $2000+ after 6 years. :)


In addition, this trip also means more friends are now recruited into my scuba diving gang, Minty Divers. Including Woei Lin, Wincent and Ronald, there should be more than 10 of us!!! We can also go diving together in the future!!!



The past is for me to remember and the future is now in my control. What's next for me is definitely my studies!!! School is gonna start soon and NUS is my new home. I will be attending my faculty's 6 days orientation camp as councilor in 2 weeks time.

The next half of the year bringd more exciting events to look forward to!!! Jia Wei is coming back from his SEA tour in 2 weeks time, Summer Olympics is just one month away, Kit Lam and my Er Jie is coming back Singapore inviting in late August, F1 is 2 months away, then it will be Er Jie's local wedding in November, Avonda also return from her studies for good, then Joel Lee's and Yan Shen's ORD and many more birthday parties to attend ... ... Woohooo!!! :)

No comments: