Sunday, November 11, 2007

家乐蜜 ORD 日记 (1)

I am having my holiday before I start work on tomorrow. One week is considerably too long for me because most of time was spent resting at home. The rest of the time was spent planning my holiday trips & OCIP trips, preparing for a part-time "secret" job of time, enquiring for some "secret" holiday courses. I shall update you all when these fruits ripe.



I have also dropped one of my tuition kids, Kenneth, which I planned to long ago. Tutors are like doctors while students are like patients. Witnessing your patients recover under your own prescribed remedies is the reason that gives a great sense of achievement and makes this job not a job. However, when the doctor has to carry out every single consultation under supervision and given instructions to follow by his boss on what to do, this job has turned “brainless”. The return from this job is purely monetary, not mentally and spiritually.

(In singlish term, this is a case of “You talk so much you might as well do everything yourself. Ask me here for what?”)

There are many other push-factors like travelling distance, etc and I think I made a wise decision.

By the way, a piece of good news to share, primary school final year result is out. Aisha, another P3 student of mine has improved from borderline-pass to band 2 (72/100). This shy student has the potential to do great things, but she needs to learn to open up and speak up more.

Not forgetting catching up with many of my friends!!! Here are some photos to share.




(above & below) Playing ping-pong and eating supper with Yew Boon and Bing En. An example of burning 100 calories and gaining back 300 immediately.




(Below) At Kelvin's house with his new furnitures and room arrangement






(above) Engaging in the typical Singapore school kids' hobbies, playing DOTA and PS2. Computer games are highly addictive, period.




(above) Even in the dark before dozing off, we were cracking and laughing over many stupid jokes. Our crouching giggling body made the entire bed and mattress vibrating and almost woke Eng Hao up. We OFFICIALLY slept at about 5am and continued gaming at 10am!!!

No comments: