Eddy's ORD
Apparently my previous post so popular that some people like Bing En who never post any comment, posted a comment. Avonda feedbacked that it is funny and the best entry ever. Thank you all very much, looks like "Nonsense stirs up the most Reaction".
I just realised that called your blog entries by serial number is getting increasingly boring. Imagine I try Peranakan food for the 100th times and I title it "Surfing the 100th Nonya Wave". So boring right?!?!? By the way, "Ju Xiang" booked out.... no.... checked out from her NTU hall and Eddy & Avonda (aka 阿桃) went to pick her up. It has been weeks since we last dined together. Eddy and I decided to bring 菊香 and 阿桃 for a good dinner we had had last week.
PERANAKAN FOOD 娘惹菜 !!!
(2nd time in 7 days)
(Below) It was exciting because we tried many new nonya dishes. I took new photos with flashlight much made the food looked much nicer and more reallife. Let's start grading the new dishes.
(Above) Ayam Buah Keluak (aka Chicken braised in thick spicy tamarind sauce with Buah Keluak) and Babi Ponteh (aka Lean Pork stew in thick brown bean paste), I shalln't grade them since I graded them before. But, all of us, except Eddy, prefered the previous sweeter and less spicy Ayam Buah Keluak we had in Joo Chiat.
(above) Surprisingly, we saw the real Buah Keluak colour and texture after leaving the nut shell on the table and its sauce was dried up by the cold air.
(above) Udang Masak Nanas (aka Prawns and Pineapple in Tamarind Gravy)
(above) Udang Masak Nanas (aka Prawns and Pineapple in Tamarind Gravy)
Ths taste was unique and I liked the sour tamarind gravy very much. It was one of my favourite dish of the night. But, the prawns was so highly unfresh. and they did not clean the black intestine/bowel/faeces at the back of the prawns. Yucks! If not because of the taste, I would have failed this dish. I give this dish*flash card*
6.5
(above) Duan Keledek Lemak
Yes... A familiar malay word "Lemak". Yes, it was sweet potato leaves and sweet potato cooked in coconut milk. Another great dish for that dinner. It tasted like Laksa in a different, alien combination which worked out like MAGIC!!! It was a sweet pleasant dish. But, they added 2 prawns for us again. Horrible unfresh creatures... Ignoring this fact, I reward this dish with *flash card*
7.5
(above) Itek Tim (aka Duck with salted vegetable soup) Eddy and I found it tasted no difference from Chinese Soup, 咸菜鸭汤. Nevertheless, it was delicious and not too salty. Avonda and Para liked this very much. Still, lacking abit orginality, I give this soup a *flash card*
7
(below) Oh ya... Forgot to mention, it was Eddy's ORD. This is sorta like a celebration yet normal dinner we had. After dinner, we went to Avonda's house to play with Sunshine and Kenji and watch Perfect Cut 2 (aka 一切完美2). The night was perfect until a giant flying cockroach flew into Avonda's house at the last 10 minutes of the drama. All the 3 guys who completed NS were so damn freaking useless to wait for Avonda to catch the cockroach for us. (I told my mum this and she simply shaked her head and remain speechless) I have experience of caught bee, common beetle and giant beetle that flew into my house... but cockroaches are just too fast and disgusting for me to manage. They are like the pests commandoes - Crawl extremely fast, can fly, can parachute and hide so well....
I intended to go home after the show but ended up spending another 30mins looking for the lost cockroach in her photo album shelf. Finally, after the 'threat' was killed under Avonda's 魔掌 and her newspaper roll 金箍棒, we were looking through Avonda's photo while helping her to clear up the mess she created during the intensive comb for the little monster.
No comments:
Post a Comment