Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ryan's Birthday

I had been resting and waiting at the Trader's Hotel Lobby for 2 hours after my dreadful Macroeconomics Test, which I would DEFINITELY FAIL because I did not do a 60marks question. My mind just went blank. I cant... Nvm... Ok... Let's not talk about this. Anyway, I was here waiting to celebrate Ryan's 14th Birthday!!!


Ryan would never have expected us to celebrate his birthday with a buffet dinner at Trader's Hotel. To give him a SuRpRiSe, we had been deliberately hiding the truth from him and telling him that his birthday celebrated would be at home just like all his past 13 birthdays. It was until the moment when he was on his way here than he was told the truth by his brother. All of us got to thank my Er Jie, who got us 6 free complimentary buffet dinner vouchers and my Da Jie, who foot for the rest of the bill with her UOB card because it charged 3 persons at the price of 2.




It was a really wonderful dinner with my family. We usually cannot expect ALL dishes at buffet to be delicious, tasty and pleasing to everyone's taste, even for international buffets because some chefs seriously have no idea what is "delicious". For a not-choosy foodie like me who eats almost everything in the world, I found the food generally nice and edible except for the Deep Fried Soft Shell Crab which turned out to be a big disappointment. I could hardly find them among the fried bread/flour.




(above) We were enjoying the food so much that we did not even bother to take photo of them. It was until my Er Jie called from Korea, reminding us to take and show photos of the food we were eating.




(above) Nigel and Ryan were probably the people who enjoyed the food the most among us. I was thinking of asking Joel, Julie, Jun Sheng, Yong Han, TAU Family, F4 gang, Para, Avonda, Eddy, etc, etc everyone go eat together. We can surely eat throughout the whole night until the cafe closes.



(Above) There was a ultra rare appearance of my aunt's speciality, Yam Cake!!! She only make this cake on two occasions upon request - Ryan's & my Mum's birthdays. I love this Yam Cake so much but I wouldn't request it on my birthday if not, my family and I would be eating 2 idential Yam Cake in 10days. Afterall, my mum's and my birthday just differs by 10 days.


My aunt does not really like the idea of putting this cake for sales because it is not easy to find ripe/matured/seasoned Yam, which is one of the essentials to create a heavenly delicious Yam Cake.


Hence, I have decided to rename this "Yam Cake" as "不让你买的 Yam Cake".


  • Yammy Reason 1: It is not easy to make.
  • Yammy Reason 2: It is so finger-linking delicious that I selfishly wanna keep this secret recipe for myself.
  • Yammy Reason 3: I am helping you prevent the addiction. It's not the 'smoking' kinda hardcore addiction. Rather, it is a mild and everlasting addiction.




(Above) After my dinner, it was cake-cutting at home!!!
Happy Birthday Ryan!!!

No comments: