Surfing the 2nd Second Wave
If you could remember, in January, my friends and I went to try Peranakan Food in Joo Chiat. Look at http://elephantgarden.blogspot.com/2009/01/surf-nonya-wave.html
Yesterday, Eddy and I dined at another Peranakan Food Restaurant (which i will not name) very near to our house after schooling and swimming. We were specially there to try the famous Babi Ponteh, aka Pork in Fermented Bean Paste with Mushroom, that was introduced many times on "The Little Nonya" drama and recommended by my NUS friend, Jo'an.
P.S: Jun Sheng!!! If you are reading this blog, this restaurant is very near Shrine. :) which means we can go dine there on some friday. :)
I would say the price was very reasonable. 2 of us ordered 5 dishes(I ta-bao 2 of dishes for my family), 1 dessert, 3 plates of rice and the whole dinner costed us less than $30!!! However, my aunt and mum, whom were eating the Babi Ponteh I bought back for them, were complaining that it was expensive for the small portion.
Ok, 废话少说, let's proceed with judging.
(above) Babi Ponteh, aka Pork in Fermented Bean Paste with Mushroom
Bean Paste Fans like me enjoy it and It was my favourite dish of the day. The pork was tender and well cooked. How I wish I could be less Salty. I give it a *flash card*
8
(above) Ayam Bukulak (Half eaten already)
It tasted good. The Asam Sauce is so strong and rich that it would cover any other smell of other food that you put into your mouth. But I still prefer the one cooked at the Joo Chiat Restaurant. Maybe because "Joo Chiat" Ayam Bukulak I tasted more Bean Paste (which I prefer) and for this "Nearby" Ayam Bukulak, I tasted more Asam Sauce. Eddy felt that this was the best dish of the day. Nevertheless, for the cheap price and slightly bigger portion, I reward this dish with a
7
(above) Curry Chap Chye
You can easily find the same taste, same cooking style, same ingredients in any Coffeeshop Cai Bng Stall and even SAF Cookhouses. Very common taste. This dish only worths
5
Bonus: Good Service with no service charge) +2
总分: 22/30
No comments:
Post a Comment